Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Inspiration: An industrial style guest cottage

I've got to brag on my bud, Cabell.  
My client, Donna, and I were headed on a thrifting adventure this weekend
when we stopped by to check out his almost competed guest cottage "man cave."
Cabell has an incredible love of industrial repurposed materials. 
And you know me, there's nothing that makes me happier than finding a new purpose for some cool item.
Take a look at some of the fabulousness!!!!!! (hey, it's my blog.  i can make up words if i want...)

Here's the little kitchen area....
Old soda crates have been repurposed into sliding drawers....
Dairy crates with the original glasses.....reclaimed wood....
Everything has it's place...
Countertop.....I love the patina on this little wall shelf.
I spotted Wendy Umanoff's light fixtures right away - 
repurposed from old insulators.
Cabell hung a vintage school map as a shade.
Scored this on Etsy...........
My client Donna and Cabell converse about industrial school art...
She may have a source...
What? No kidding?  I'm really interested!!!
(Don't you just love networking??)
Here's a sliding chalkboard on a track. It moves over for privacy 
and to reveal a burlap memo board.
You never know when an idea's gonna strike!

These two pieces were picked up at Governor's Antiques 
and combined to make a storage piece.
Amazing.
Everywhere, industrial items have been reused..
Here old pipes and plumbing pieces are used to create bookshelves...
 
Wendy U. also helped Cabell with this repurposed design: 
An antique factory cart with awesome industrial casters becomes a chaise lounge...
More industrial pieces in the sitting area.

Upstairs, Cabell is still working on a little en suite....
 
I see Wendy has been working up here, too. 
Check out the fun wall sconce.
 Tiniest clawfoot tub I've ever seen.

 Bedroom furniture to come. 
But for now, the stage has been set.......

Thanks for the inspiration, Cabell!
It made my day.  
(Along with these fun things I scored today!)
 Vintage rocking horse.
Antique sewing machine covers.
 With  a metal aquarium stand, 
instant plant stand!

 Metal storage baskets...
 And a set of ratty victorian parlor chairs........
 I couldn't wait.........I already did the paint finish on one:
 ASCP Antibes Green over Arles.
With heavy wax.
I'm drooling!!

Stay tuned for all the transformations!
And yes, they're for sale!!!!!

Happy Day!


































2 comments:

  1. you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to clarify, folks, that I just toured Cabell's guest house - it was totally inspirational and I wrote about it. But I was not involved in the project at all...just complimenting him on a JOB WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete