Friday, May 18, 2012

Bringing Outdoor Spaces To Life

Among other things, I've been working on outdoor spaces this week
Take a look at this little front porch retreat I just finished:
Isn't it sweet?
 Couldn't you do a little rocking here while
sipping on your mint julep?

It didn't look so great when I discovered it!
But I loved the vintage feel of it and the fact that it was a glider.

...and this little discarded table needed some work, too.
I spray painted everything a glossy white.
And I used a shower curtain to make pillows and seat cushion 
so that everything would be "outdoor user-friendly."

 Next, I went to the backyard deck....
There were several sets of porch furniture on a barren deck......
 ...and a pitiful little potted plant....
 There was also a table and two chairs in this same finish 
that I forgot to take a "before" photo of...
AFTER: ...that now look like this!


Beautiful color called Exotic Sea.

For the 4 small chairs, I used a periwinkle..
A trip to Lowes for flowers....
delphinium and dwarf sunflowers really spruce up the place...

Leftover Mother's Day roses.




My client was concerned about the state of her backyard 
when company comes this weekend.
Heck, who's going to be looking at the backyard???
All the poppy colors are going to keep your eyes right here on the deck!
Love this medallion plant stand that I painted in Ivy Leaf.

For a four seater, just pull up two of the periwinkle chairs. 
Periwinkle and turquoise. Yum yum..
Look, even Sophie's toy and tag are color coordinated!
One more trip to Lowes for additional plants...
(This gal has her party hat on!)

....and an outdoor rug....
...and we are open for business.
Is it the weekend yet??

No comments:

Post a Comment