Friday, May 11, 2012

Adjoining Dining Room Makeover Revealed


So yesterday, I showed you the revamped kitchen I just completed.
Remember, it used to look like this?
....and had this beam along the ceiling that separated the kitchen area...
from the dining area...
This is what the dining room looked like.
Well, once the kitchen was redone, 
it made the dining room look 
even more dark.....
So here I go again! 
I removed the swag from the window.
I purchased simple ivory sheers with grommets and hung them
on a new drapery rod - higher and wider than the window.
I changed out some of the art.
I removed the tablecloth from the table. 
Now you can see the beautiful wood!

I replaced the previous dark burgundy floral rug with this
neutral chenille one. 

Then I repositioned the table at an angle on the rug.
Amazing how much more space this one little change creates...
And I love that you see the pedestal base now when you enter the dining area....
And the table really pops now on the lighter rug.
Over on the back wall, I moved in a small
buffet from another room. (This is actually where the little white cabinet
had been that I moved into the kitchen to use under the microwave...)
The buffet is much better suited for the dining room
and matches the other wood tones.
I purchased a basket to hold napkins, etc., and placed underneath.
On top, I added a vase, lamp and family heirlooms...
You've already seen what I did to this hutch....from dark...
....to cheery.... 
I also painted this back wall in the same color as the kitchen walls,
SW Softer Tan.
 And then lined the interior of the hutch 
and filled it with all things shiny and sparkly...
So now...the dining room is much more
"in tune" with the kitchen makeover.

It works! (And don't forget the new countertop will be tan, not "grellow."
And see those two tiny orange ears right there at the bottom of the photo above?

That's Ginger, my little Lynchburg housemate.
(I cat sat while the owners were at the beach 
since I was there working anyway.)
She was particularly enamored with the new dining room rug.
I try to make all my clients happy!
























1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing - so happy that you could do this for our Mom & Dad! :) Christa

    ReplyDelete